Friends📺老友记/六人行 No.8
用《Friends》提升英语,学地道美语!
想让英语口语更流畅?试试看美剧学英语!《Friends》(《六人行》)以真实生活对话为主,帮助你掌握道地美语表达,提升听力和口语技巧。无论是常见片语、语调还是语速掌握,这部经典美剧都能让你在娱乐中轻松学英语,告别生硬的课本英语,说出自然流畅的美式表达!
收看影片:

逐句精讲:

Ross: This was Carol's favorite beer. She always drank it out of the can. I should have known.
这是carol最喜欢的啤酒,她总是直接对着易拉罐喝,我早就该知道。
She always drank it out of the can, I should have known : 淑女喝啤酒要倒进杯子里,男人大咧咧地直接从罐中饮。女同性恋者要男性化一点,不够典型的纯女人。

Joey: Ross, let me ask you a question. She got the furniture, the stereo, the good TV. What did you get?
Ross,让我问你一个问题,她得到了家具,音响,好电视,你分到了什么?
stereo /ˈstɪrioʊ/: a machine that plays CDs, etc., sometimes with a radio, that has two separate speakers so that you hear different sounds from each 立体音响设备
Ross: You guys.
你们。
Chandler: Oh God.
Joey: You got screwed.
Chandler: Oh my God!
天哪。你昏头了吧。我的天!
get screwed: 吃亏;上当受骗;受到不公正的待遇
Monica: Oh my God!
我的天!
Paul: I know. I know. I'm such an idiot. I guess I should have caught on when she started going to the dentist four and five times a week. I mean, how clean can teeth get?
是的,我知道,我是真蠢,当她每周去看四到五次牙医时,我应该猜到了,我的意思是,牙齿得要多干净啊?
I know: used to agree with someone 表示赞同
idiot /ˈɪdiət/: a very stupid person 傻瓜,笨蛋,蠢人
catch on: understand, usually after some initial diffculty 理解,明白(原句中用的 "caught" 是 "catch" 的过去分词,should have caught on 用到了虚拟式)
dentist /ˈdentɪst/: a person whose job is to take care of people's teeth 牙医(<例> go to the doctor 去看医生;go to the dentist 去看牙医)

Monica: My brother's going through that right now. He's such a mess. How did you get through it?
我哥哥正在经历这一切,他是一团糟,你是怎么度过这些的?
mess [mes]: a person who has serious problems and is in a bad mental condition 生活(或事业)乱糟糟的人;行为(或心理)失常的人

get through something: succeed in reaching a real or abstract destination after overcoming problems 度过,熬过(困难时期等)
Paul: Well, you might try accidentally breaking something valuable of hers, say her......
你可以意外地打碎她的珍贵的东西,比如她的......
might: used to make a polite suggestion(用于有礼貌地提出建议)可以
accidentally /ˌæksɪˈdentəli/: without intention; in an unintentional manner 无意地;非存心地
say: to suggest or give something as an example or a possibility (常用作插入语)比如说;例如
Monica: Leg?
腿?
Paul: That's one way of doing it. Me, I, I went for the watch.
这是办法之一,我选择了手表。
go for something: to prefer something 宁愿要
Monica: You actually broke her watch? Wow!
你真的打碎了她的手表?哇!
actually: to indicate that a situation exists or happened or to emphasize that it is true (在口语中用于强调事实)的确,真实地,事实上

继续阅读:



Friends No.53
